Quality Enhancement in Engineering Education (QEEE) is a program funded by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource and Development) with an objective to enhance the quality of technical education in Under Graduate courses (Bachelors) of Engineering Colleges all over India (outside the IITs and the NITs).
Welcome to QEEE
The Committee for Reforms in Technical Education under the chairmanship of Professor Ashok Jhunjhunwala, IIT Madras, has been constituted by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development (MHRD) with a mandate to bring about comprehensive reforms in technical education.
This committee has extensively studied the technical education system prevailing at present and identified problem areas in several colleges. One of the important concern areas is that the quality of technical education imparted in many colleges is not at par with the premier institutes. This in turn is because the colleges lack the pedagogical resources in the form of highly qualified teachers, well developed content and good lab infrastructure, that students in the premier institutes take for granted. To address this specific issue, the committee has come up with a program wherein real time and synchronous technology is used to allow for an integration of superior external scholastic inputs into current pedagogical practices.
Live Class :
IIT faculty deliver live lecture classes to participating colleges. The schedule of lectures are sent to colleges priorly and notifications are provided before start of each session.
- 30 topics are delivered live from IIT Studio to 100 classrooms simultaneously.
- Faculty can use teaching aides like video, screen share, whiteboard; or use the blackboard.
- 2-way interaction made possible by suitable hardware/software
A supplement study material with lecture notes, live class videos, discussion forums, assessment and evaluation tools to serve as a reference material for QEEE courses.
Virtual Labs :
To provide virtual hands-on experience to students on experiments undertaken remotely. It creates an opportunity to work on a real lab experiment tailored to suit their syllabus and curriculum.
Simulation based / remote trigger labs implemented at multiple colleges simultaneously by remote tutors. (Example- DSP Lab)
Bridge Courses :
To bridge the gap between the initial skills of individuals and what they need to enter and succeed in postsecondary education and career-path employment.
- Training on non-curriculum courses – special software
- Make students industry ready/employable
- These modules are to be delivered through hardware and software designed and set up at IITM and the participating colleges for the purpose.
OBJECTIVES OF QEEE :
- Knowledge Sharing – Through the live classes we connect the IIT Faculty and the Colleges where the students can interact, learn and gain knowledge. This is been assisted by the QEEE local faculty and Co-coordinators of the respective colleges.
- Comprehension – This involves the ability of the IIT Faculty to make the students understand the topic concepts through their different way of Presentations (PPT , PDF, Live examples, Practical Application) and Course pack assessments. Colleges also play their role, wherein they arrange the QEEE class room set up ready for the live lectures with the help of the coordinators and System admin.
- Performance – The knowledge gained by the students can be weighed by their active participation in the live class and in course pack assessments under the guidance of the local faculty , provided by the IIT Professor’s which includes the quiz and assignments that are mostly application oriented
- Proctored Exam : At the end of the topic, a proctored quiz & assignment is conducted. This quiz is auto evaluated comprising of multiple choice and short answer (fill blanks) questions, about 10-20 questions covering the entire topic taught. The results of this exam are captured and students performance in the topic in assessed. The assessments submitted by the students are graded by their local faculty and certificates are given to those students who submit within the deadline. The Certificates are given in two categories such as Participation & Excelled.
- Implementation : With the analysis and evaluation, the Operation team scale up the categorical level of the college’s in the upcoming phases.