The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a notification regarding Engineering Services Examination dates and procedure.
- The last date to fill online applications is October 26, 2016 till 6 pm.
- The Commission will conduct the preliminary examination on January 8, 2017 to fill approximately 440 engineering positions in various departments of the central government.
- Civil Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- A candidate must be 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on the January 1, 2017.
- Age relaxation for reserved categories is granted as per the rules.
- In the prelims, for paper 1, 200 marks questions will be asked on general studies and engineering aptitude.
- The paper duration is two hours.
- Paper 2 will be three hour long and 300 marks questions on civil engineering/ mechanical engineering/ electrical engineering/ electronics & telecommunication engineering will be asked.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
- After the preliminary and main examination, there will be a personality test.
- Candidates (excepting female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs 200.
Check the official website – upsc.gov.in
Source: The Indian Express