Only two Indian institutions — Indian Institute of Science (ranked 71) and Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (ranked 82) for computer science have made it to the latest Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2016-2017 by subject rankings.
Carly Minsky, student content editor, Times Higher Education, says, “India has achieved its best performance yet in the subject rankings, with two institutions in the top 100 for computer science. This new ranking, which shines a spotlight on computer science and information technology, goes to show India’s strength in this specific area.”
- Harvard and Stanford Universities have been ranked the best in the world for arts and humanities in the rankings.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, US, is the best institution for business and economics as per the ranking.
- University of Oxford, UK, is ranked number one in the clinical, pre-clinical and health category while ETH Zurich – Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, takes the top spot in computer science.
- US leads in the computer science category too with California Institute of Technology being ranked in the first place.
- Harvard University tops in the life sciences and physical sciences category as well. Stanford University is ranked the top institution in social sciences.
Click here for detailed ranking.
Source: Hindustan Times