Technology is the future of education, here are 6 reasons why
1. Gives practical experience for future
- The reason why technology is important in education is that most of the jobs now have been interlinked with technology in some way.
- Learning by incorporating technology into education becomes important as it teaches students to learn basic technological skills, preparing them for future professional space.
2. Provides an audio-visual experience
- Using technology in education provides various tools to enhance a student’s educational experience; one such tool is the use of pictures, videos, and sounds.
- Using an audio-visual medium of teaching enables students to not only learn but also understand what they are being taught better.
3. Makes studying less boring
- Children have little span of attention and, as such, retaining their attention to studying becomes hard by traditional means as it can get repetitive and boring.
- Using something like technology that children often associate with fun can help retain their attention for a long time and help them learn better.
4. Treasure trove of unlimited information
- Using technology for education gives access to a trove of unlimited information that is on the internet.
- Through the internet, students can satiate their curiosity as there is an unlimited amount of information through different sources that can answer almost any question.
5. Gives additional tools to teachers
- Technology gives additional tools to teachers to explain a concept or a theory better through audiovisuals and through practical and live examples.
- Using technology in education also gives teachers access to more information that they then use to increase their own knowledge.
6. More interactive and instills collaborative spirits
- The use of technology instills collaborative spirits in terms that it can allow students to work on the same project in different locations and even go global in this spirit of collaboration.
- Technology also offers students a chance to interact with what they are learning by the use of various smart technologies.
Src: India Today