National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET UG) is an entrance exam conducted for admission to MBBS and BDS courses in medical and dental institutes in India.
This year NEET UG exam will be conducted on May 7, 2017.
All the science stream students are by now done with their board exams and would be preparing fervently for the entrance exam.
In the light of the upcoming exam, here we bring to you 10 things you must know about NEET UG exam.
- The entrance exam is scheduled on a Sunday that is May 7.
- According to the official notification, NEET UG result will be declared on June 8, 2017.
- The exam will be a three hour test conducted in pen-paper mode.
- Candidate do not need to carry a pen to their examination centre, as it will be provided by the board in the examination hall.
- Candidate should carry your admit card with a colored passport size photograph, and postcard size photograph pasted on the proforma.
After NEET UG 2017 result is declared, the counselling procedure will be held for 15% All India Quota seats and State seats.
- There will be a centralized counselling for 15% All India Quota seats conducted by MCC. For the rest of the seats, state governments will hold a separate counselling.
- Apart from English, the question paper will also be in nine Indian languages.
- The question paper will be objective in nature and have 180 questions.
- The maximum number of question would be in the Biology section which will have 45 questions each from Zoology and Botany.