There have been many announcements regarding National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2017 recently and much has changed about the examination since it replaced the All India Pre-Medical test (AIPMT) last year.
The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) will conduct NEET in the first week of May, for which the registration process has begun.
For candidates who are still confused about all that has been going on, here is all you need to know about the exam.
- Registration begins- January 30, 2017.
- Registration ends – March 1, 2017.
- Date of examination – May 7, 2017.
- The CBSE on Friday announced that all previous attempts at the exam will not be counted.
- From 2017 onwards, however, candidates only have three chances.
- While previously there was no upper age limit to the AIMPT papers, the CBSE announced that starting this year, candidates will only be eligible if they are more than 17 years old and not older than 25.
- Indian citizens must register to NEET 2017 using the Aadhar card, according to an announcement by the CBSE on January 31.
- NEET 2017 will be conducted in 80 cities across India.
- The exam will be held in 1500 examination centres.
Source: The Indian Express