- Launches Future Ready Talent, an internship program for undergraduate students
- Aims to skill over 1.5 lakh students in data and AI, cloud computing, cybersecurity etc.
New Delhi, September 15, 2021: In line with the Skill India vision, Microsoft today launched the Future Ready Talent program, bringing together a strategic group of partners to empower India’s youth with technology skills for employability. A collaborative internship program for students in their second year of college and upwards, the initiative aims to impact over 1.5 lakh higher education students who will join the workforce between 2022-2024.
Under the program, the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), FutureSkills Prime—a NASSCOM and Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY) digital skilling initiative, Ernst & Young (EY), GitHub and Quess Corp along with Microsoft will provide a holistic skilling platform, connecting talent to opportunity. The Future Ready Talent program has been designed keeping the learner at the center. With its Learn-Apply-Implement framework, the program will offer students an end-to-end experience, from digital skilling to working on critical projects in a sandbox environment, to mentoring with industry experts and access to potential employers. As part of this collaboration:
- Microsoft will provide learning modules and certifications through its learning platform, Microsoft Learn, skilling students on topics like cloud computing, data & AI, and cybersecurity.
- AICTE will ensure the curriculum is aligned to the National Education Policy, 2020.
- SSC NASSCOM will provide alignment of relevant courses to the National Occupational Standards, linking these courses on FutureSkills Prime.
- EY will provide the technology and industry mentorship to students during their internship tenure.
- GitHub will provide students with free access to the best developer tools via the GitHub Student Developer Pack, as well as the opportunity to collaborate on projects with other developers on GitHub.
- Quess Corp will manage the learner experience and host a virtual career fair for participants, exposing them to career opportunities across the Microsoft customer and partner ecosystem.
Ref: Register Now