Having a basic knowledge of English is essential for your career. So, those who are struggling with the language here’s an opportunity for you. Learn it free of cost from a world-class faculty!
What is it?
The English for Career Development, a course created by the University of Pennsylvania, and funded by the U.S. Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, Office of English Language Programs.
How does it help you?
This course is designed for non-native English speakers who are interested in advancing their careers in the global marketplace.
In this course, you will learn about the job search, application, and interview process in the United States, while comparing and contrasting the same process in your home country.
This course will also give you the opportunity to explore your global career path while building your vocabulary and improving your language skills to achieve your professional goals.
The Course Curriculum
- The first unit in this course will introduce the U.S. job application process and provide strategies for identifying the jobs that match your interests and skills.
- Unit 2 will take you through the steps necessary to produce a professional-looking resume. In unit 3, you will work to develop a clear and concise cover letter.
- The final unit of the course focuses on networking and interview skills.
Who is it for?
- Anyone may take this course for free and get a generic Statement of Accomplishment issued by the University of Pennsylvania. If you want to get a Coursera Verified Certificate for free, please fill out the Financial Aid form.
- Unless otherwise noted, all course materials are available for re-use, repurposing, and free distribution under a Creative Commons 4.0 Attribution license.
- Supplemental reading materials were provided by Newsela, which publishes daily news articles at a level that’s just right for each English language learner.