It has always been a thought for all of us to see or know the other heavenly body and fly across the sky in dreams. If you have a dream of flying to space or want to learn something about them, the Indian Space Research Organization has launched a free online course on “Global Navigation Satellite System” which invites applications from interested students and professionals. So check them out!
The Indian Space Research Organisation or is the national space agency of India, headquartered in Bengaluru. It operates under the Department of Space which is directly overseen by the Prime Minister of India, while Chairman of ISRO acts as executive of DOS as well.
The course is the 87th outreach program of the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS), a unit under the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), Department of Space, Government of India. The course will be conducted from 13 to 24 September 2021. Participants of the course will be introduced to GPS and GNSS, receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy.
Offers to the Participants
Participants of the course will be able to access the course study materials like lecture slides, video-recorded lectures, open-source software, and handouts of demonstrations on the e-class platform. Furthermore, video lectures will also be uploaded in the IIRS Learning management system. An ISRO certificate will also be given to students on the basis of 70% attendance and 40 % passing marks. Experts from IIRS, ISRO and other knowledge Institutions will conduct the live and interactive sessions.
What are the benefits upon completion of this Course?
The course aims at training manpower in global navigation satellite system and associated geospatial technologies as the usage of these technologies is increasing rapidly. Some of the topics that will be covered in the ISRO free online course are as follows:
- Introduction to GPS and GNSS.
- GPS receivers, processing methods, errors and accuracy.
- Satellites-based Augmentation systems and GPS Aided and GEO Augmented Navigation (GAGAN).
- GPS signal characteristics, and data formats including broadcast, and precise ephemeris.
- Indian Regional Navigation Satellite System (IRNSS).
- DGPS demonstration.
- Advance GNSS processing.
Who are all eligible for the Course?
The course is open to the following participants:
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students of any year.
- Technical or scientific Staff of central or state government, faculty or researchers at university and institutions.
What are all the requirements?
There are no specific hardware or software requirements to take the course, and participants will need to have the following basic amenities:
- Desktop computer with web camera microphone and output speaker or laptop with microphone camera and output speaker.
- Individuals can attend the course live through any web browser over eclass portal of IIRS Dehradun or the institute’s official YouTube channel.
- The participant can also attend class through their personal smartphones.
How to Register?
- You can either participate in the course as an individual or through the nodal institute.
- To participate in the IIRS Outreach program the interested organizations, universities, departments or institutes have to identify a coordinator at their end who will register online their Institute as the nodal center on the IIRS website.
- The coordinator will have to approve participants for the course.
- Participants can register using the Individual registration option as well if their institute is not registered under the IIRS Outreach network.
- In that case, the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing, Dehradun will be the nodal center.
Registration Link :
To register for this course, you can go to the official website of IIRS and fill in your application or click here to go to the registration form directly.
Source : Data Quest