ISRO launched free Python programming certification training. Student can avail of this training without paying a single penny. The important information about the free course such as last date, required qualifications, application process, and so on, given in this article.
Opportunity for students
A Certificate of Participation will be awarded to participants after taking into account the amount of effort they put into the training (an attendance rate of at least 70% is necessary for the award).
There is a one-of-a-kind opportunity for students to study and acquire new skills from professionals working for IIRS and ISRO.
Takeaways from the ISRO course
- Participants in this course must be able to after completion to:-
- Create a Python program to read, write, and process several raster formats.
- Build a Python program to read, write, and process several vector formats.
- Develop a program to display geospatial data as maps, pictures, or other visuals.
What you’ll learn
- Overview of GIS and different geospatial data types
- Overview of Python programming using
- Introduction anaconda and Jupyter notebook
- Raster data processing, resampling, and analysis
- Vector data processing and analysis
- Geospatial data visualization on the web
- Familiarization with various open-source geospatial data processing libraries e.g. GDAL, Geopandas etc.
- Applicants should be in their last year of an undergraduate or graduate programme (of any year) if they are interested in taking the class.
- This course is open to anybody who works in the technical or scientific sector, including academic faculty members, researchers at universities and institutes, and other professionals.
- The applications submitted by participants are required to be appropriately supported by the university or institution, and they must be delivered by coordinators from the respective centres.
- Users who access programming via the CEC-UGC/CIET networks are also eligible for participation in this study. Institutions operating at a fast speed on the National Knowledge Network (NKN).
- Courses updates and other details will be available here.
- To participate in this programme the interested organisations/universities/departments/institutes have to identify a coordinator at their end. The identified coordinator will register online his/her institute as a nodal centre on the IIRS website
- All the participants have to register online through the registration page by selecting his/her organization as the nodal centre.
Course study materials like lecture slides, video recorded lectures, open source software & handouts of demonstrations, etc. will be made available through a class. Video lectures will also be uploaded on e-class.