Reels is the fastest growing content format by far. Facebook Reels is launched in more than 150 countries for creators around the world to grow their communities. To help creators earn money from Facebook Reels, they are expanding tests of overlay ads, starting with banner and sticker ads.
More Ways to Earn Money from Facebook Reels
Reels Play bonus program, part of $1 billion creator investment, pays eligible creators up to $35,000 a month based on the views of their qualifying reels. In the coming months, this bonus program will reach more countries, so more creators can get rewarded for creating reels that their communities love.
There are two formats available: banner ads that appear as a semi-transparent overlay at the bottom of a Facebook Reel, and sticker ads: a static image ad that can be placed by a creator anywhere within their reel. These non-interruptive ads enable creators to earn a portion of the ad revenue.
Brand suitability controls, includes Publisher Lists, Blocklists, Inventory Filters and Delivery Reports for Banner and Sticker Ads in Facebook Reels in every region they are available, giving advertisers more control over how their ads appear in places they don’t consider suitable for their brand or campaign.
Test runs and availability
Any creator in the US, Canada and Mexico who is part of in-stream ads program is automatically eligible to monetize their publicly-shared reels with ads. Creators can learn more about overlay ads on our Meta for Creators blog. The test runs for Stars will begin in the coming weeks, so that people can buy and send Stars while watching reels to support creators.
Additionally, the test runs are ongoing for full-screen and immersive ads in between Facebook Reels since October of last year, and will roll them out to more places around the world over the coming months.
More Editing Features
In addition to the features ,creators around the world will be able to access:
- Remix: Create your own reel alongside an existing, publicly-shared reel on Facebook. When you create a Remix, you can create a reel that includes all or part of another creator’s reel.
60-second Reels: Make reels up to 60 seconds long.
- Drafts: You will soon be able to create a reel and choose to “Save As Draft” below the Save button.
- Video Clipping: In the coming months, we’re planning to roll out video clipping tools that will make it easier for creators who publish live or long-form, recorded videos to test different formats.
Create and Discover Reels in New Places
Over the coming weeks, the following updates will be implemented to make it easier to create and discover reels in new places:
- Reels in Stories: You can share public reels to Stories on Facebook, making it easy to share favorite reels with friends and giving creators more visibility and reach. You’ll also be able to create reels from existing public stories.
- Reels in Watch: You’ll be able to watch reels directly within the Watch tab and we’re developing tools to help you create reels in the Watch tab as well.
- Top of Feed: We’re adding a new Reels label at the top of Feed so you’ll be able to easily create and watch reels in just a few clicks.
- Suggested Reels in Feed: In select countries, we’re starting to suggest reels that you may like in your Feed from people you do not already follow.