The registration form for the Common Admission Test (CAT) 2016 has been released. The registration process starts from August 8, 2016. There are some significant changes in the exam pattern this year.
This year, the exam will be conducted in two slots on the same day, that is, December 4, 2016.
The CAT exam is the mandatory entrance examination for admission to post graduate Masters in Business Administration (MBA) courses at the Indian Institutions of Management (IIMs) across the country as well as other premier business schools such as MDI, NITIE, SPJIMR, FMS.
The registration shall be completely online. There is no offline mode for the candidates to register themselves. The registrations will be held on iimcat.ac.in. (Helpline number: 18002663549)
- Start of registration process: August 8, 2016
- Last date of registration: September 22, 2016
- Admit card download: October 18, 2016
- Online tutorial, sample test paper: October 18, 2016
- Date of CAT 2016 exam: December 4, 2016
- Date of result: January (second week), 2017
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 50 per cent marks or equivalent CGPA (45 per cent for SC, ST, PWD and DA categories).
- Those candidates who’s final year results have not been out yet but have completed all years/semesters and other exams and requirements of their degree course are also eligible to apply.
According to the Government of India guidelines, 15 per cent of seats are reserved for the SC category, 7.5 per cent for ST, 27 per cent for non-creamy layer OBC (NC-OBC) and 3 per cent for the DA category.
The fee for General category candidates is Rs 1,700 while for SC, ST and PWD categories, it is Rs 850.
The test will be held in 135 cities across the country. The candidates will be given a preference of 4 cities for the exam venue.
Source: The Indian Express