If student want to build their caree, they have to give Aptitude tests for Entrance Exams, Competitions and Job Interviews. A good Aptitude can help student to strengthen their career prospects and open their to more opportunities.
Aptitude is the general ability of a person in understanding and solving questions from Maths and Language.
In an Aptitude test, nothing specific to Maths or Language will be asked.
Aptitude tests are the only tests that students from any academic backgrounds can attempt.
This also indicates that no matter which career they opt for, the understanding and application of Math and Language is always going to be crucial.
Types of Aptitude
Any Aptitude Test can be broadly divided into 3 parts – Numerical, Verbal and Logical Reasoning.
- Numerical Aptitude is all about Numbers and their application to problem solving.
- Verbal Aptitude is all about Language (mostly English).
- Logical Reasoning is all about your understanding and Reasoning skills. It is about your application of Logic.
The format of the tests and what the questions asked will vary depending on the type of test they are taking.
Student may be asked to identify a missing shape or image to complete a series, or ask them to draw verbal conclusions from a written passage of text.
How to improve Numerical Aptitude
To improve your numerical aptitude, you need to develop love for numbers. You should have a very good understanding of Numbers and Math.
Here are certain steps you can take :
- Understand basic concepts like Percentages, Averages, Rate, Ratios, Permutations and Combinations.
- Practice Questions daily from this section.
How to improve Verbal Aptitude
In order to ace Verbal Aptitude, you need to have a strong hold on language. You should be sound in Grammar and have a strong vocabulary.
Here are certain steps you can take :
- Start reading more Books from popular authors.
- Improve your vocabulary and Comprehension by reading Books
- Practice English Grammar and Formation of Sentences.
How to improve Logical Reasoning
To improve in this area, your observation skills should be optimum. Next step is using your observation to make correct inferences or conclusions.
- Improve your Observation skills
- Learn noticing patterns and trends.
Aptitude test tips
Tips on how to pass aptitude tests-
- Focus on the areas you find hardest, and spend the majority of your time on these questions.
- Be committed – get practicing as soon as possible and make time for practice, get started now. Practice is key to good performance!
- Keep practicing, once you’ve practiced as many tests as possible maintain your skills through question practice right up until the day before your assessment.
- Practice under timed conditions and in exam conditions. This will improve your speed and confidence as well as performance on the day of your examination.
Know your test
It’s important to understand the aptitude test. Each test is very different and will test different skills and will take different formats. Practising the tests are required to sit will familiarise them with the format and help develop the skills they target.
It is very difficult to distort the results of a psychometric personality questionnaire, however, if they research what sort of person the company is looking for, they might be more likely to answer with that company’s values in mind.
Companies often list the competencies they are looking for in each role.
Ask for feedback
Participants should recieve an email after they have taken tests to notify if they have moved onto the next stage. This email could be sent within an hour of completion or could be as late as a week or two. Student should be patient and dont worry too much as there is nothing else they can now do. The email may have individual feedback or may not. This information is extremely valuable if they are to learn from mistakes and know what questions to concentrate on next time.
Follow the instructions very carefully
For an online psychometric test they have to read the instructions online. For a paper-and-pencil test the test administrator will read them out.
Be sure to read the instructions carefully.
Now it’s time to practise aptitude tests
Student should be ready to tackle some example numerical reasoning tests. Combine all the knowledge from above tips with some solid practise and they will be ready to pass aptitude tests.
Try out our aptitude test on https://www.needbook.in/career-development/